Max out your run with the Hoka Gaviota 5. This shoe delivers a maximum level of soft, bouncy cushioning that has propelled Hoka to the top of running along with a new H-Frame stability system that provides seamless support through the entire gait cycle on both the lateral and medial side. With a softer ride and wider toe box, this chunky boy is a great shoe for running at easy paces, especially over longer distances.
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
Who said a stability running shoe can’t have a soft and smooth ride? Whoever said that never ran in the Hoka Gaviota 5. With Hoka’s signature lightweight and soft midsole foam and a new H-Frame for stability, this shoe provides plenty of support for overpronators while retaining the seamless transitions of a max-cushioned neutral shoe. This is the perfect shoe for runners looking for maximum cushion and stability.
With the Gaviota 5, Hoka has remade their max-cushion stability shoe with a new H-Frame technology that provides both medial and lateral support for overpronators and supinators.
A wider outsole adds even more inherent stability to the shoe. The new creel jacquard mesh upper is more accommodating, especially in the toe box, making this shoe a great fit for folks looking for plenty of toe room.
A softer midsole foam and more aggressive rocker shape result in an even smoother ride in a package nearly a full ounce lighter than its predecessor.
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running long distance or easy paces.
- Walkers of all abilities.
- People who are on their feet all day for work.
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- H-Frame technology - offers stability that can be worn by overpronators and neutral runners alike.
- Creel Jacquard Mesh Upper - provides a supportive fit with enhanced breathability.
- MetaRocker - helps you roll through each stride for smooth and consistent transitions.
- Soft EVA foam - Lightweight and soft midsole foam offers ultimate cushioning.
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (padded heel collar and gusseted tongue gently secure your heel.)
- MIDFOOT: Moderate (standard size accommodates most feet. Also available in wide widths.)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (most runners will have plenty of wiggle room.)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: The Hoka Gaviota 5 has a high level of soft cushioning. For a less cushioned stability running shoe, we recommend the Hoka Arahi 6.
- PRONATION: The Hoka Gaviota 5 incorporates H-Frame technology to support runners who overpronate. For a neutral running shoe, we recommend the Hoka Bondi 8.
- SPEED: The Hoka Gaviota 5 is too soft and bulky for faster paces. For tempo runs and workouts, we recommend the Hoka Arahi 6 or Hoka Mach X.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to the Hoka Gaviota 5 are the ASICS GEL-Kayano 30, Altra Paradigm 7, and Brooks Glycerin GTS 20.
- Weight: Women’s 9.1 oz.| Men’s 10.9 oz.
Offset: Women’s 6 mm | Men’s 6 mm