ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 running shoes give you one of the most comfortable experiences found on our shelves at Pacers. The ASICS Gel-Nimbus line has been defined by shoes with ample cushion that mold to both your feet and your running or walking needs 25 versions. This version is overhauled with more softer lighter cushion. Big changes aren’t common in legacy shoes like Gel-Nimbus, but this overhaul keeps the spirit of past Nimbus models alive while bringing the technology way forward.
OUR FRIEND@EATPRAYRUNDC REIVEWS THE GEL-NIMBUS 25:
WHY PACERS CARRIES THESE SHOES:
ASICS Gel Nimbus have been Pacers stores for decades. The Gel Nimbus 25 is packed with cushion to get runners through any distance, make walkers feel lighter on their feet, and help people who stand all day do so in more comfort. This Gel Nimbus’ overhaul is a big one and makes the shoe lighter, more dynamic, and with a more accommodating fit. Big changes to popular shoes aren’t liked by everyone, but even with the big changes these shoes stay true to their name and you help you feel the biggest clouds in the sky under your feet.
The ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 comes with some of the biggest changes in the history of the Nimbus franchise. It still incudes its namesake gel, but unlike past versions, the gel isn’t visible from the outside. This design decision gives first billing to the FLYTEFOAM BLAST PLUS ECO (or FF BLAST+ as it is written on the side of the shoes) and places the gel right under your heel to optimize impact absorption. The voluminous foam is super soft and surprisingly light for how much there is, which delivers all the comfort you could expect. And the upper only adds to the comfort with
WHO THESE SHOES ARE FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace for runs of any distance
- Walkers looking for soft shoes to wear for walking around town
- People on their feet for extended periods
WHAT’S IN THESE SHOES:
- FLYTEFOAM BLAST PLUS ECO (FF BLAST+) – Super soft yet surprisingly light and dynamic foam
- PureGEL Technology – Gel molds to your feet and absorbs impact in key spots
- Engineered Mesh upper– Dreamy plush cushion surrounds your feet
- Mix of LITE and high-abrasion rubber outsole – Durable traction in key zones and lighter rubber in other zones for a great mix of grip and comfort
HOW THEY FIT:
- SIZE: True to size for most, some may size up ½ size
- HEEL: Locked in (Heel collar and tongue lock feet into plush comfort)
- MIDFOOT: Wide (Standard size very accommodating, very narrow feet might slip around)
- FOREFOOT: Wide (Most customers will have ample wiggle room)
HOW THEY COMPARE TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 provides tons of cushion. If you don’t need so much cushion, try ASICS Gel Cumulus 25.
- PRONATION: ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 has a wide, base that can handle some pronation, but it’s too soft for more substantial pronation. For stability we suggest ASICS Gel Kayano 29.
- SPEED: ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 is not meant for picking up the pace. For harder workouts and races we suggest ASICS Metaspeed Edge+.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to ASICS Gel-Nimbus 25 are Hoka Bondi 8, Brooks Glycerin 20, and New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4.
- Weight: Women’s 9 oz.| Men’s 10.2 oz.
- Offset: Women’s 8mm | Men’s 8mm