Hoka has done more for oversized running shoes than any other brand and perhaps no other shoe does this better than the Bondi 8. The Hoka Bondi 8 is the perfect running shoe for easy running over any distance due to its high level of cushioning and signature meta-rocker shape that propels you through mile after mile.
WHO THIS SHOE IS FOR:
- Runners of all abilities running an easy pace
- People who spend all day on their feet
- People with foot pain from issues like flat feet or plantar fasciitis (for more on dealing with foot issues, click here)
WHAT’S IN THIS SHOE:
- Oversized platform – Hoka Bondi is known for chunky shoes and the Bondi 8 doesn’t disappoint. The platform underfoot brings ample cushion and a stable ride.
- Early stage Meta-Rocker – The meta-rocker helps your feet roll through each stride for a smooth ride.
- NEW Extended heel – The extended heel helps engage your foot earlier in the gait cycle as you transition from heel to toe
- Open mesh construction – Maintain comfortable temperature inside the shoe throughout the run.
- Memory foam collar – Ultimate comfort and fit.
- High abrasion rubber outsole – Great grip and durability.
- Full-length EVA midsole – Smooth and light.
HOW IT FITS:
- SIZE: True to size
- HEEL: Locked in (memory foam heel collar holds heels in while still accommodating different heel shapes and sizes)
- MIDFOOT: Snug (customers with wider feet should consider wide or extra-wide)
- FOREFOOT: Moderate (Most customers will have some wiggle room)
HOW IT COMPARES TO OTHER SHOES:
- CUSHION: Bondi 8 is max cushion. If you don’t need that much, we suggest trying Hoka Clifton 8.
- PRONATION: The wide platform of the Bondi 8 provides some support for mild over pronators. For more support we recommend Hoka Arahi 6.
- SPEED: Bondi 8 is not built for speed. For picking up the pace, we recommend Hoka Mach 5 or Carbon X 3.
- OTHER BRANDS: Shoes from other brands similar to Hoka Bondi 8 are New Balance Fresh Foam X More v4, Brooks Glycerin 20, or Saucony Triumph 20.