The New Forerunner 745 goes deep on running, swimming and cycling stats. It enables you to switch sports tracking within a single session and offers advanced analytics.
- New updated design
- SpO2 and stress
- Merge sports into a single session
- Smart training based on VO2 max and training load
- More accurate track sessions
- Pairs with HRM-Pro for underwater HR and extra running dynamics
Thereâ€™s SpO2 monitoring and stress monitoring, as weâ€™re seeing on all recent Garmin sports watches.
It's also music friendly, with room to store 500 songs and features offline Spotify syncing. But those interested in the Garmin Forerunner 745 will be more interested in the training features â€“ and this is a big upgrade.
You can switch between sports for brick training â€“ which means that you mix up disciplines within a single session.
You get the usual range of VO2 Max and Training Effect metrics from Garmin-owned Firstbeat, and the Foreurunner 745 now suggests workout sessions based on VO2 Max and your Training Load data.
Itâ€™s also Garmin Coach compatible, in case you want to follow the guided programs from the watch.
The Forerunner 745 has been optimized for more accurate track sessions with a specialist mode.
And when cycling, the Forerunner 745 will track data such as left/right balance, time seated and standing, platform center offset and power phase.
And for swimming you get track distance, stroke, SWOLF, pace and personal records.
Then we come onto the HRM-Pro.
The ANT+ tri-focused chest strap is an add-on, but will offer up more than just better heart rate accuracy.
With 5ATM water resistance you can get improved HR accuracy in the water..
For runners it will show cadence, stride length, vertical oscillation and more, which is the same stuff youâ€™ll get from the Running Dynamics pod.
- LENS MATERIAL: Corning ® Gorilla ® Glass DX
- BEZEL MATERIAL: fiber-reinforced polymer
- QUICKFITâ„¢ WATCH BAND COMPATIBLE (22 mm)
- STRAP MATERIAL: silicone
- PHYSICAL SIZE: 47 x 47 x 13.7 mm
- Fits wrists with a circumference of 130-220 mm
- COLOR DISPLAY
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.2" (30.4 mm) diameter
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 240 x 240 pixels
- DISPLAY TYPE: sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- WEIGHT: 50 g
- BATTERY LIFE Smartwatch Mode: Up to 2 weeks
GPS mode with music: Up to 10 hours
GPS mode without music: Up to 36 hours
- WATER RATING 5 ATM
- MEMORY/HISTORY 200 hours of activity data